Schools in Transformation with Readiness, Adaptations and Nurturing Digital Skills
The STRANDS project aims to support the challenging transition of education from physical spaces to virtual classes for teachers, students and families. The general objective of the project is to ease the transition into blended learning and distance learning by supporting teachers and students in embracing digital methodologies.
More specifically the project aims to:
- enhance methodological and pedagogical capacities in teachers and educators, in order to enable them to use digital technologies and to increase their digital mind-set.
- support learners in the transition into distance learning and in the integration of digital means into their lives.
- engage families and communities into learning practices, in order to increase digital awareness while tackling isolation.
- improve the quality of online learning materials for students with fewer opportunities
- build emotional bonds between educators, learners, and families
At the end of March 2020, UNESCO reported that over 1.4 million students in 164 countries had been affected by the pandemic. The sudden and dramatic shift into online learning has prompted an increased focus on the emerging challenges of managing online learning. Being digitally competent and able to use digital technologies in a confident, critical and responsible way is essential for teachers and schools. Moreover, studies show that students extensively use their senses to learn, therefore, being able to transform online learning into an effective experience through the integration of human engagement and connection is crucial to ensure the success of distance education. In this scenario, the role of families and communities becomes crucial to bridge the digital divide and increase digital awareness and safety, while fostering inclusivity and equal opportunities.
Articles - Meetings - Training - Events
The Strands project is reaching a successful end!The final transnational meeting took place in Bratislava, Slovakia, between the 25th and 26th of October 2023. During the meeting, the final steps of the project were discussed. An international conference was also organized at the Gymnazium Metodova in Bratislava, where the project was presented and various workshops…
The 3rd newsletter of the project is available on the website now! Visit the link here to see the newsletter.